Parliament’s involvement in international activity of Kazakhstan and engagement of MPs in identifying and implementing foreign policy of our country has significantly increased.
Senators actively participate in the work of such inter-parliamentary organizations as Inter-parliamentary Assembly of Member States of the Commonwealth of Independent States, Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the Eurasian Economic Community, Parliamentary Assemblies of CSTO, OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, Interparliamentary Union, European Parliament, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Parliamentary Assembly of NATO, Turk PA.
Senate of the Parliament makes a significant contribution to the activity of inter-parliamentary organizations and promotion of inter-parliamentary dialogue, enhancing integration of Kazakhstan into the world community, increase its role and capacity to shape decision making process in line with their national interests.
Involvement of the Senate of the Parliament in international parliamentary organizations:
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE PA)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE)
- Inter-parliamentary Union (IPU)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the North-Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO PA)
- Inter-parliamentary Assembly of Member States of the Commonwealth of Independent States (IPA CIS)
- Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the Eurasian Economic Community (IPA EurAsEC)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (PA CSTO)
- Parliamentary Union of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC PU)
- Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD)
- Asian Parliamentary Assembly (APA)
- Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic-Speaking Countries (TurkPA)
- Committee of Parliamentary Cooperation “Republic of Kazakhstan – European Union” (CPC RK-EU)
The Senate has formed 1 commission and 44 friendship groups with parliaments of other countries.