Astana, November 28, House of the Mazhilis. On the initiative of the Mazhilis and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the International Conference “25 years of Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan: Outcomes. Accomplishments. Vision for Future” was held in Astana.
The forum was attended by parliamentarians and experts from Belarus, Hungary, Iran, Kazakhstan, China, Latvia, Russia, USA, Turkey, Finland, Germany, Sweden and other countries.
Opening the plenary session, the Chairman of the Mazhilis Nurlan Nigmatulin drew special attention of the forum participants to the peculiar role of the First President Nursultan Nazarbayev in the establishment and successful development of our country.
Among the most important achievements, the Mazhilis speaker noted the development of market relations and integration of Kazakhstan into the global economic system, the formation of domestic entrepreneurship, productivity growth, an increase of industrial output by more than 10 times, wages - by 17 times, as well as the creation of more than 2 million working places.
N. Nigmatulin also underlined that the legal framework for the dynamic development of the national economy was formed under the leadership of the President of Kazakhstan. According to the Speaker of the Mazhilis, Kazakhstan was the first among the former Soviet countries who adopted laws "On foreign investments" and "On state support of direct investments". This has allowed our country to enter the top three most dynamic economies in the world, and the inflow of foreign direct investment over 25 years amounted to more than 260 billion Dollars.
- People's choice at the dawn of Independence proved absolutely correct. Kazakhstani people have entrusted their fate and the fate of the country to Nursultan Nazarbayev, electing him the President of the country. And during 25 years the Head of the state is a key guarantor of the country's dynamic development for all of its citizens, because the ideas of the Head of the state have ensured the prosperity of Kazakhstan from the earliest days of Independence, - stated N. Nigmatulin.
In addition, N.Nigmatulin emphasized the peculiar role of the Leader of the Nation in the formation of the Kazakhstan`s model of parliamentary system.
According to the Speaker of the Mazhilis, corresponding to the global universal model the Parliament of modern Kazakhstan has unique features associated with national traditions, legal culture, social pattern, mentality and way of life of Kazakhstan`s citizens.
- The main factor that had a critical importance in the formation of the Kazakhstan`s parliamentary system was the figure of the First President, who is the main initiator of all democratic transformations. That is why Nursultan Nazarbayev can be considered with good reasons as the founder of Kazakhstan`s model of the parliamentary system, - underlined N. Nigmatulin.
N.Nigmatullin noted successes of Kazakhstan on the international arena, where our country, according to the Speaker of the Mazhilis, has demonstrated its commitment to the principles of multilateral cooperation, building a durable peace, security and development.
The Speaker of the Mazhilis drew the attention of the forum participants to the implementation of “Kazakhstan-2050” Strategy, which set an objective of entering our country in the 30 most developed countries in the world, as well as the "Nation's Plan - 100 specific steps".
- And now, looking back at the course covered over the quarter of a century, we clearly see that all our achievements and victories are inextricably connected with the activities of the First President - Leader of the Nation Nursultan Nazarbayev. It is the Head of the state who is a creative and mobilizing force ensuring Kazakhstan`s continuous movement forward in all areas of social progress during all these years, - said N.Nigmatulin.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan Yerlan Idrisov, the First Deputy Chairman of the Parliament of Finland Mauri Pekkarinen, Deputy Chairman of the Parliament of Belarus Boleslav Pirshtuk also gave speeches at the plenary session.
Deputy Chairman of the Russian State Duma Vladimir Vasiliyev conveyed congratulations of the Chairman of the State Duma Vyacheslav Volodin, in which, in particular, confidence in the subsequent open interparliamentary dialogue and the expansion of the strategic partnership was expressed.
- Kazakhstan is one of the leaders of the international community making a substantial contribution to solving global and regional problems, - said V. Vasilyev.
According to the Turkish Parliament Vice-Speaker Mehmet Akif Hamzaçebi, Kazakhstan and the 25th anniversary of Independence under the leadership of the Leader Nursultan Nazarbayev is an example of a major feat. At the same time, M. Hamzaçebi stressed the leading positions of our country in such areas as nuclear disarmament, the fight against extremism and terrorism.
The expert of Johns Hopkins University Frederick Starr presented the report “Kazakhstan 2041: scenarios for the next 25 years”.
At the same time, F. Starr noted that Kazakhstan should be proud of what it has: the appropriate legislation system, judicial system, education, religious freedom.
- Kazakhstan is a hyperactive country on the world stage. For you, the main issues are nuclear disarmament, CICMA, participation in the UN Security Council. These projects, this activity raises high the flag of Kazakhstan and support the country's independence and confidence. It is very important to continue these steps. It becomes a kind of model for the region, - said Starr.
Discussion of topical issues took place within the framework of three thematic sessions: “The main results of the economic and political reforms in Kazakhstan”, “Kazakhstan in world policy”, “Kazakhstan: Vision for Future”.
At the conference, the Chairman of the Mazhilis Nurlan Nigmatulin held a series of bilateral meetings with heads of foreign parliamentary delegations.
During conversations with parliamentarians from Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkey and Finland, the Speaker of the Mazhilis thanked for their participation in the forum, as well as focused on the Declaration of the 25th anniversary of Independence adopted by the Parliament on the eve of the anniversary, which reflects the achievements of the Leader of the Nation Nursultan Nazarbayev and the people of the country.
The dialog partner paid attention to the inter-parliamentary component. Parliamentarians expressed their confidence in the great potential for further effective cooperation.
(distributed by the Mazhilis Press Office, photo by Zh. Kuspanov)
Using of any information is acceptable in case of indicating the link to the official website of the Mazhilis of Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan