Nur-Sultan, November 27, House of Mazhilis. “Institute of presidency: Kazakhstan model”. An international parliamentary conference organized by the Mazhilis on the Day of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan was held today under this title in the capital Nur-Sultan.
The Forum, which has become traditional, was attended by parliamentarians from Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Serbia, Tatarstan, Turkey, representatives of UNDP, OSCE, Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic-Speaking Countries, Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia, as well as the international expert community from the United States, Sweden and other countries.
Opening the conference, Chairman of the Mazhilis Nurlan Nigmatulin reminded that, in April 2020, it will be exactly 30 years since the official introduction of the institute of presidency in Kazakhstan.
In Kazakhstan, the choice of the presidential form of government was one of the first steps on the difficult path to Independence.
According to Nurlan Nigmatulin, the main prerequisites for the establishment of the Institute of Presidency were the formation of market economic relations, the elimination of one-party rule, the consistent implementation of the principle of power sharing.
- In these conditions, the urgent need was the speedy implementation of cardinal political and economic reforms, with the mandatory preservation and strengthening of the constitutional system, rights, freedoms and security of citizens, the Speaker of the Mazhilis stressed.
Nurlan Nigmatulin emphasized that for 30 years under the leadership of the First President of the country Nursultan Nazarbayev, full-scale reforms have been implemented in all spheres, which resulted in sustainable economic growth, fair social policy, democratization of society.
- Today, modern Kazakhstan is a successful, steadily developing state, enjoying a well-deserved reputation throughout the world. All this is, of course, the results of the leadership of the First President Nursultan Nazarbayev – his ability to respond to the needs of society in time, to carry out reforms proactively and consolidate the nation to achieve high goals. And today, continuing the strategic course of Elbasy, acting President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev ensures the further successful development of the country, said Nurlan Nigmatulin.
The Speaker highlighted the main stages of development of the institute of presidency in Kazakhstan and emphasized that the constitutional reform implemented at the initiative of Nursultan Nazarbayev in 2017, set a more weighted balance branches of power and gave impetus to further political modernization.
- It is significant that Nursultan Nazarbayev himself initiated the transfer of a significant part of the presidential powers to the Parliament, the Government and other state bodies. On the part of the First President, it was a huge “credit of confidence” to the entire system of state power, in fact, an exam for maturity, said Nurlan Nigmatulin.
Speaking about the future of Kazakhstan, the Speaker of the Mazhilis emphasized that the basis of our unity, our confidence in the future, our further successes and victories is the long-term strategy of development of the country, formulated and put forward by Elbasy, implemented today under the leadership of the Head of State Kassym-Jomart Tokayev.
Chairman of the State Council of Tatarstan Farid Mukhametshin emphasized the exceptional role of the First President of our country Nursultan Nazarbayev in the formation and development of Kazakhstan.
- I am glad that Kazakhstan has gone far ahead in many areas. It is not surprising that the people of Kazakhstan unite around their First President. The authority of Nursultan Nazarbayev, the trust of the people allows us to look for new ways of development to improve the competitiveness of our country. Nazarbayev’s authority will grow even more over the years, at the level of achievements of Kazakhstan itself, the Speaker of the State Council of Tatarstan believes.
At the same time, Farid Mukhametshin focused attention, in particular, on such practical results of global initiatives of the First President of Kazakhstan as the creation of the Eurasian Economic Union, whose work is becoming more intensive every year.
Vice-President of the National Assembly Veselin Mareshki noted in his speech the importance of further activation of relations between our country and Bulgaria.
- We appreciate the consistent desire of Kazakhstan to strengthen security in the region and the world as a whole. We highly appreciate the role of Kazakhstan in increasing confidence in international relations, as well as in the development of global dialogue, said V. Mareshki.
Vice Speaker of the Jogorku Kenesh of Kyrgyzstan Aida Kasymalieva assured that Kyrgyzstan admires the wisdom and political foresight of Nursultan Nazarbayev, who does a lot for his people. Kyrgyzstan, as A. Kasymalieva stressed, has always felt and feels significant support from the fraternal people and the leadership of Kazakhstan.
Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Turkey Levent Gök paid special attention to the peacekeeping initiatives of Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- The activity of the First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev is highly appreciated in the Turkic world. Turkey fully supports the Astana process, which is taking place in Nur-Sultan. Turkey expresses gratitude to Kazakhstan and Nursultan Nazarbayev for providing a platform for the settlement of the situation in Syria, L. Gök said in his speech.
Leading expert of the Atlantic Council Ariel Cohen (USA) shared his opinion about the special atmosphere of security and cooperation created by the First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Nursultan Nazarbayev allowed Kazakhstan to realize the remarkable potential of the country as a state with a leading economy in the Central Asia region and a model country of relations with other countries. It is gratifying to see that Kazakhstan continues its foreign policy tradition. This country – the bridge between East and West – has a bright future, A. Cohen said.
(Press service of the Mazhilis, 74-68-44, photo by Zh. Kuspanova)
Using of any information is acceptable in case of indicating the link to the official website of the Mazhilis of Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan